Reeds is a successful and progressive firm, and has established itself as one of the leading criminal defence and family law practises in the South of England. We have taken time to carefully recruit a team of exceptional police station representatives, paralegals, and solicitors, based not only on their recognised legal knowledge, but also their passion and genuine commitment to achieving the best possible results for our clients.
In our family law team, we welcome speculative applications from talented solicitors. The team deal with public and private law cases, and all applicants should be dedicated to publicly funded work and have demonstrable experience in family law and / or care proceedings cases.
The solicitors and paralegals working within our Police Station and Magistrates Courts teams all have a genuine passion for outstanding service; treating every client and every case with the same exceptional care and always willing to go the extra mile for the best results. We would be happy to hear from talented paralegals or solicitors, especially those who are Police station accredited, and / or duty qualified; who believe that they share in our ethos and commitment to both privately and publicly funded work.
If you wish to make a speculative application, or have any general queries about recruitment at Reeds, please e-mail HR@reeds.co.uk. All enquiries and applications will be handled in the strictest confidence.
Opportunities for specific vacancies will be posted on this page as and when they arise.
May 2018: we have a vacancy for an Office Manager/Receptionist in our Bristol Office.
Click here to see full details and apply.
April 2018: we have a vacancy for a family secretary/paralegal in our Reading office. See below for full details:-
Family Law Secretaries & Paralegals are responsible for the smooth day to day running of the Family Law Department by being the first point of contact for all enquiries whilst ensuring all dictation and filing is accurately completed in a timely manner.
Responsibilities and duties:
- Answer phone calls and deal with queries in a professional and confidential manner, ensuring all messages are passed on accurately;
- Open and maintain new files on the internal case management system;
- Set up and maintain physical files
- Ensure conflict checks are completed on every new file;
- Complete legal forms as instructed by solicitors;
- Taking instruction from client, drafting statements
- Instruct counsel as and when necessary ensuring briefs are up to date and received by counsel in a timely manner;
- Obtain quotes for various expert reports and follow up with instructions as directed;
- Ensure invoices are paid promptly and accurately;
- Follow up any ad hoc requests as required by solicitors;
- Reception cover as requested;
- Any other duties as directed by the Team Leader or a member of the Management Team.
- Confident and clear communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Be computer literate with experience of using Microsoft Office packages.
- Must be able to multi-task, think on your feet and prioritise workloads.
- Be proactive and able to work well without supervision.
If you are interested please apply via the Reed Recruitment website:
At Reeds we are committed to the development of the legal profession and are pleased to be able to accept an intake of trainee solicitors every year.
Our trainees have the opportunity to work in most of our office locations; including Oxford, Reading, Swindon, Bristol, Milton Keynes and High Wycombe, and to learn from highly experienced and talented solicitors and advocates in our crime, family law and prison law teams.
Keep an eye out for our next trainee programme; the details of which (including how to apply) will be posted on this page.
We receive an enormous number of requests for work experience. Unfortunately, due to high demand, at this time we are unable to accept any further requests for candidates wishing to undertake work experience with us. Should this position change, we will provide details of how you can enquire, on this page.