Reeds is a successful and progressive firm, and has established itself as one of the leading criminal defence and family law practises in the South of England. We have taken time to carefully recruit a team of exceptional police station representatives, paralegals, and solicitors, based not only on their recognised legal knowledge, but also their passion and genuine commitment to achieving the best possible results for our clients.
In our family law team, we welcome speculative applications from talented solicitors. The team deal with public and private law cases, and all applicants should be dedicated to publicly funded work and have demonstrable experience in family law and / or care proceedings cases.
The solicitors and paralegals working within our Police Station and Magistrates Courts teams all have a genuine passion for outstanding service; treating every client and every case with the same exceptional care and always willing to go the extra mile for the best results. We would be happy to hear from talented paralegals or solicitors, especially those who are Police station accredited, and / or duty qualified; who believe that they share in our ethos and commitment to both privately and publicly funded work.
If you wish to make a speculative application, or have any general queries about recruitment at Reeds, please e-mail HR@reeds.co.uk. All enquiries and applications will be handled in the strictest confidence.
Opportunities for specific vacancies will be posted on this page as and when they arise.
November 2017: we are recruiting for specialist family law solicitors for our office in Bristol. For more information, click here.
We also have a vacancy for an legal secretary in Oxford (see below):-
Criminal Law Secretary/Receptionist
We are looking for somebody to join our Criminal Law department in Oxford. We are looking for somebody with experience in audio typing, preferably in the legal field.
The main secretarial duties and requirements are set out below:
- Accurately type solicitor’s dictation as efficiently as possible. A minimum typing speed of 60wmp is essential;
- Open new files on the internal case management system as well as set up the paper file, ensuring all files are put away correctly once dictation has been completed;
- Photocopy or scan all documentation as required.
In addition, the successful candidate will be expected to cover lunch breaks on reception and all holidays and sickness. The main duties reception responsibilities and duties are:
- Answer all incoming telephone calls in a timely manner;
- Meet and greet all visitors;
- Direct all incoming enquiries (including e-mails and e-faxes) to the correct fee-earner and/or department;
- Process all incoming and outgoing post including postal orders;
- Book appointments, legal visits, prison visits and video link conferences as requested by fee-earners;
- Update the centralized diary system;
- Ensure the front desk and reception area is tidy at all times;
- Scanning files in preparation for archiving;
- Processing stationary orders;
- Processing card payments over the phone.
This position is within our Criminal Law department and is offered full-time. Office hours are Monday – Friday 9:00am to 5:00pm with 1 hour for lunch. The salary range is £15,000 – £18,000 per annum depending on experience.
If you are interested in this position, please apply via the Reed Recruitment website: https://www.reed.co.uk/jobs/criminal-law-secretary-receptionist/34438691
At Reeds we are committed to the development of the legal profession and are pleased to be able to accept an intake of trainee solicitors every year.
Our trainees have the opportunity to work in most of our office locations; including Oxford, Reading, Swindon, Bristol, Milton Keynes and High Wycombe, and to learn from highly experienced and talented solicitors and advocates in our crime, family law and prison law teams.
Keep an eye out for our next trainee programme; the details of which (including how to apply) will be posted on this page.
November 2017: we are now accepting applications for trainee solicitors to start in 2018. For more information, please click here. The deadline for applications is 28th February 2018.
We receive an enormous number of requests for work experience. Unfortunately, due to high demand, at this time we are unable to accept any further requests for candidates wishing to undertake work experience with us. Should this position change, we will provide details of how you can enquire, on this page.