You must have at least £2,000,000 investment funds to apply for a Tier 1 (Investor) visa.

You must:

  • be 18 or over to apply for this visa
  • be able to prove that the money belongs to either you or your husband, wife, unmarried or same-sex partner
  • have opened a UK bank account

Your funds must be:

  • held in one or more regulated financial institutions
  • free to spend (‘disposable’) in the UK

Your money can be in the UK or overseas when you apply.

Students with financial sponsorship

You may be able to apply for a Tier 1 (Investor) visa if you are already in the UK and you are:

  • a Tier 4 (General) visa holder
  • a student nurse
  • studying, writing up a thesis or re-sitting an exam
  • a postgraduate doctor or dentist
  • an overseas qualified nurse or midwife
  • a student sabbatical officer

You must have unconditional agreement in writing from your financial sponsor to re-enter or stay in the UK if your course fees and living costs were paid by either:

  • a government
  • an international scholarship agency

Contact Reeds Business Team for expert immigration advice for high net work immigration visa applicants.

General Enquiries