Settlement/Indefinite Leave to Remain
Permanent Residence in the UK is also called Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) or settlement. Indefinite Leave to Remain is granted to people who have already shown a commitment to the UK through a number of immigration routes (tiered visas, long residency, family visas and many more)
After a UK visa holder has lived in the UK for a specific period of time, they can apply for ILR entitling them to live in the UK indefinitely, and in some instances apply for British Naturalisation a year later.
In most instances, Reeds Immigration can apply for an ILR application on a same day basis.
It should be noted that you do not automatically qualify for ILR on completion of your continuous period of lawful residence in the UK.
You must submit a settlement application and submit evidence of your eligibility for ILR:
- Continuous lawful residence in the UK for the required qualifying period
- Absences from the UK not exceeding 180 days in any 12 months of the qualifying period
- Evidence you have passed a Life in the UK Test
- Evidence of your ability to speak English to the required standard
- Evidence that your application meets the General Grounds for Refusal – for example, addressing if you have any criminal convictions or breaches of your immigration status
Reeds Immigration will be able to assist in your settlement application from start to finish.
General EnquiriesCONTACT US