Vacancy for a legal secretary in our Milton Keynes office
Legal Secretary – Milton Keynes Office
We are a large and very busy solicitors office based in central Milton Keynes representing clients in Criminal and Family law proceedings. This position will be in our Criminal Law department. We are looking for somebody with experience in audio typing, preferably in the legal field. The successful candidate will also be responsible for a number of reception duties.
The main duties and requirements are set out below:
- Accurately type solicitor’s dictation as efficiently as possible. A minimum typing speed of 60wmp is essential.
- Open new files on the internal case management system as well as set up the paper file, ensuring all files are put away correctly once dictation has been completed.
- Photocopy or scan all documentation as required;
- Book appointments, legal visits, prison visits and video link conferences as requested by fee-earners;
- Direct all incoming enquiries (including e-mails and e-faxes) to the correct fee-earner and/or department;
- Update the centralized diary system;
- Answer incoming telephone calls in a timely manner;
- Meet and greet all visitors;
- Process all incoming and outgoing post;
- Processing client payments as and when required.
- Typing speed of 60wmp
- Confident and clear communication skills, both verbal and written
- A strong telephone manner and excellent interpersonal skills
- Previous experience of using Microsoft Office packages
- Ability to learn and efficiently use practice and case management software
- Experience of using digital dictation equipment
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills with a proactive approach
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workloads
- Adaptable and able to work under pressure
- A good team player with the ability to also work well without supervision
This position is full time (Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5pm with an hour for lunch). Salary £15,000 to £18,000 per annum dependent on experience.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please apply via the Reed Recruitment website: https://www.reed.co.uk/jobs/legal-secretary-/33477336