Vacancy for an Administration Manager (Police Station Department) at our Oxford office
Administration Manager (Police Station Department)
This is a very fast paced role which requires someone with good organisational and communication skills. The importance of managing this department with an eye for detail is crucial, not only for the firm but also for the client. We are looking for someone who can prioritise and work well under pressure. There will be plenty of time for training and continuous support from the management team.
Police Station Department Administrators are responsible for the smooth running of the Police Station Department across all offices of the Firm. This is a unique role to the Oxford department due to its size.
Responsibilities and duties:
- Dealing with clients that come in off the street or by way of telephone with police queries;
- Answering calls from call centre (accepting instructions) and deploying cases to relevant representative;
- Ensuring all dates are in the diary with the relevant cover ensuring the Magistrates Court Departments are made aware of court dates;
- Opening all police station files on the case management system and making sure forms are completed and correct letters/client care guides are sent to clients;
- Chasing outcomes on files from solicitors, police station representatives and the police;
- Closing all police station files and ensuring they are costed correctly;
- Ensure all police station rotas are in the relevant diaries once received;
- Drafting a rota for 24hrs cover at the police station, making sure all solicitors and reps are aware;
- Reviewing all files on monthly basis to check and make sure all processes and procedures are dealt with correctly and promptly;
- Checking and processing invoices for non-employed Solicitors and Police Station Representatives;
- Overseeing other members of the team in making sure that work is correctly allocated, documented and processed;
- Provide training and continuous support to Administrators;
- Working together with local Office Manager and Team Leader in making sure the department works smoothly and all procedures are followed;
- Assist with front of house – reception cover as and when required.
- Excellent communicator in both written and spoken English is essential;
- Confident and assertive;
- Good understanding of client care requirements;
- Must be IT literate with experience in Microsoft Office packages (all work is processed electronically only);
- Must be proactive and apply a consistent attention to detail;
- Excellent time management and organisation skills;
- Good team work ethics.
Working hours are 9am-5pm, with one hour for lunch. Salary is £18,000-£21,000 depending on experience. If you are interested in this position, please apply directly through Reed Recruitment via the following link: https://www.reed.co.uk/jobs/administration-manager-police-station-department-/33446731