Reeds Solicitors are looking for Trainee Solicitors to join our busy legal practice.
We will accept candidates who have participated in the Legal Practice Course (LPC) and those who are considering qualifying under the Solicitors Qualifying Examination (SQE).
Trainee solicitor applicants should be motivated to work within our core areas of practice and be able to demonstrate a sound understanding of the legal procedures, be dedicated to publicly funded work and ideally satisfy the key requirements. Please download the full description here.
- To ensure that the firm’s high client care standard is maintained by responding to client calls and enquiries proactively and appropriately.
- Take clients instructions, prepare statements and other legal documents under supervision.
- Draft correspondence to clients and third parties under supervision.
- Prepare cases and files for court hearings.
- Effectively manage time ensuring tight deadlines are met.
- Must have a legal qualification such as LPC (criminal and family electives preferable) or ILEX (either completed in part or full), or be qualifying via the SQE route.
- Good communicator in both written and spoken English.
- Good understanding of client care requirements and a commitment to legal aid.
- Must be IT literate and be willing to learn.
- Must be proactive in seeking to assist fee earners and apply a consistent attention to detail.
- Excellent time management and organisation skills.
- Good team work ethics.
- Have a clean driving licence and either own or have access to a car.
- Good application of common sense.
- Willingness to undertake their own court advocacy in due course.
- Ideally have experience of handling own caseload of criminal or family law cases.
Working hours are 9am – 5pm with one hour for lunch and salary is £20,217 per annum. Remote/Hybrid working will be a requirement and therefore applicants should have a suitable set up available to use from home.
If you are interested in applying for our trainee solicitor position, please read the full description here. Then complete the Trainee Solicitor Application Form and return it to Faith Bartlett by email to email@example.com, stating TRAINEE SOLICITOR APPLICATION in the subject bar.
The deadline for applications is 31st January at Midday.