Secretarial position available at our Melksham office
Part-Time Audio Typist / Administrator – Melksham Office
We currently have a vacancy in our Criminal Law Department for a Part-Time Audio Typist, who will also be required to carry out key administrative duties.
Based in our small, but very busy Melksham office, the ideal candidate will have strong audio typing skills and experience of working in a law firm.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Accurately complete solicitors’ dictation as efficiently as possible
- Amend and format templates to produce correspondence and documentation
- Effectively use the case management system to open and progress clients’ files
- Set up physical files and follow all file management systems as required
- Photocopy and/or scan documentation
- Answer incoming telephone calls in a timely manner
- Direct all incoming enquiries (including e-mails and e-faxes) to the correct fee-earner and/or department
- Book appointments, legal/prison visits and video link conferences as required
- Update and maintain the diary systems
- Process all incoming and outgoing post
- Ensure the confidentiality of the firm’s clients and all associated documentation and information
- Previous experience in a secretarial/administrative role (ideally within a law firm)
- Audio typing skills; a minimum typing speed of 60wpm is essential
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office packages
- Ability to learn and efficiently use practice and case management software
- Previous experience of using digital dictation equipment
- Confident and clear communication skills, both verbal and written
- A professional and effective telephone manner, with strong client care skills
- Good administrative skills with a proactive approach and an attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise a busy workload
- Adaptable and able to work under pressure
- A good team player that can also work well independently and without close supervision
- A flexible approach and willingness to help out, with a “can do” attitude
This position is part-time (minimum hours: 16 hours per week) and there is flexibility in the working hours for the right candidate.
Salary: £15,000 to £18,000 per annum (pro rata) dependent on experience.
If your skills and experience match this position and you are interested in this job, please apply via the Reed Recruitment website: https://www.reed.co.uk/jobs/part-time-audio-typist-administrator-melksham-office/34350575