Office Manager / HR required for our Reading Office
Reeds Solicitors are seeking to appoint an Office Manager/HR for their busy Reading Office. The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic, competent and a friendly person. You will be responsible for the day to day running of the office/facilities management, provide support to management/staff and undertake general HR duties, working alongside the HR Manager. This post is a varied role and the successful candidate should adopt a hands on approach, be able to multitask, prioritise their workload and be happy to get involved where needed.
Some of your day to day responsibilities will include:
- Oversee all aspects of office management – liaising with the landlord, office improvements and maintenance: booking contractors for any maintenance jobs & overseeing legal requirements (health & safety, fire safety, electrical testing etc). Office Equipment: sourcing new and replacement equipment when necessary;
- Be a point of contact for staff on HR issues: responding to specific requests; managing staff recruitment and induction; and maintaining staff records – holiday/sickness/absences/overtime/expenses and liaise with the accounts department where necessary;
- Managing relationships and maintaining a harmonised office;
- Working with local Team Leaders to ensure Fee Earners remain compliant with Legal Aid requirements;
- Working with support staff to ensure internal work flow procedures are followed;
- Office Manual updates: incorporating new policies and procedures as well us updating and amending current policies and procedures; ensuring staff are kept informed and training is provided where necessary;
- IT resources: liaising with IT department regarding website maintenance, Support Desk queries, telephone system maintenance, Xerox machines, efax, CJSM, PC and laptop maintenance, printers, Law Fusion queries and upgrades and assisting where necessary;
- Performance Management, CPD, training and development: ensuring training and development needs as identified through the appraisal process are followed up. Booking courses/seminars and keeping track of CPD points where applicable. Ensuring staff appraisals take place at the relevant points throughout employment;
- Once suitability trained dealing with disciplinaries and grievances: ensuring the Firm’s policy and procedures are followed throughout the disciplinary and grievance process; where necessary taking notes, writing letters and arranging meetings.
- Experience of strong management and leadership skills
- Experience of dealing with HR duties
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Excellent IT skills with a high regard for confidentiality
You will be required to carry out ad hoc duties as required, as well as project work.
This will be a full time permanent position Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm.
To apply, please apply via the Reed Recruitment website: https://www.reed.co.uk/jobs/office-manager-hr-reading/34401295