Applications for Trainee Solicitors now being accepted for 2018
Reeds Solicitors are looking for Trainee Solicitors to join our busy Criminal and Family Law departments across all of our offices, including: Oxford, Reading, Swindon, Bristol, Gloucester, High Wycombe, Milton Keynes, Luton, Stevenage and Cardiff.
Applicants should be motivated to work within our core areas of practice and be dedicated to publicly funded work. Candidates will ideally satisfy the Key Requirements set out below and be able to demonstrate a sound understanding of criminal and family law and procedures.
The successful candidate will be required to start on 3rd September 2018.
- To ensure that the firm’s high client care standard is maintained by responding to client calls and enquiries proactively and appropriately;
- Take clients instructions, prepare statements and other legal documents under supervision;
- Draft correspondence to clients and third parties under supervision;
- Prepare cases and files for court hearings;
- Effectively manage time ensuring tight deadlines are met;
- Must have a legal qualification such as LPC (criminal and family electives preferable) or ILEX (either completed in part or full);
- Good communicator in both written and spoken English;
- Good understanding of client care requirements and a commitment to legal aid;
- Must be IT literate and be willing to learn;
- Must be proactive in seeking to assist fee earners and apply a consistent attention to detail;
- Excellent time management and organisation skills;
- Good team work ethics;
- Have a clean driving licence and either own or have access to a car.
- Good application of common sense
- Willingness to undertake their own court advocacy in due course.
- Ideally have experience of handling own caseload of criminal or family law cases;